At what point do the apologist and professional excusers admit what seems obvious to a growing number of Americans: President Obama is no leader and completely overwhelmed by his responsibility.
Well, actually he has not taken responsibility for his actions since taking office so let me re-phrase. When will the mainstream media admit the obvious? President Obama is not what they have desperately tried to portray these past four-and-a-half years.
Even the most ardent Obama supporter or the uninformed voter must be sensing fire typically is present when there is smoke. We will get the categorical denials of what Obama knew and when he knew it regarding the recent scandals. Obama admits either he is an incompetent leader a la Colonel Blake or he believes himself above everyone and everything.
I think Obama should enroll in a 12-Step program for incompetent Presidents. I doubt he will because of his ego as captured in a joke my youngest told the other day. “How are God and Obama different? God does not think he is Obama.”
But just in case, let’s review the 12 steps.
1. Admit he is an incompetent president that is over-his-head. I do not think he will ever take this step. This step requires a person to take responsibility and accountability for actions, and he presides over the worst “Not Me” white house I have ever seen.
2. Accept a power greater than him could make him a competent president. There is nothing in the president’s past to suggest he understands humans are just passing through in life and his regard for himself is too great. See the joke above
3. Decide to turn his will and life over to the care of God. I do not doubt he has a faith but since he believes only the government can solve problems I cannot see him putting his faith in a power higher than his ego. Plus, last time I checked, I did not read about God working with a centralized administration in the Bible
4. Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of him. OK wait while I stop laughing. This step requires self-awareness. From what I have read, it seems Obama has been so insulated most of his life, I am guessing self-awareness for him means looking in the mirror.
5. Admit to God, himself, and to another human being the exact nature of his incompetency. Wow, it is getting harder to find something new to write. Maybe this was not such a good idea.
6. Is ready to have God remove all these defects of character. The scary part is it appears Obama thinks the defects lie in others and not him.
7. Humbly ask God to remove our shortcomings. See #6
8. Make a list of all persons he harmed, and be willing to make amends to them all. This will take the rest of his life since he needs to apologize to every American.
9. Make amends to such people wherever possible, except when doing so would injure them or others. It will take years to undo the damage he made to the country.
10. Continue to take personal inventory, and when wrong, promptly admit it. I do not think he will get past step one yet alone continually take responsibility for his actions.
11. Seek through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God and the power to carry that out. This will never happen until Obama realizes we are human for a reason.
12. Have a spiritual awakening and, as a result, practice these principles in all his affairs. Mitt Romney has a better chance of getting the 47% to vote for him than we have of Obama getting to this point.
It seems we are stuck with what we have and must endure watching Congressional leaders pay us lip service, feign outrage, and waste time and money. Obama will blame everyone but himself because that is what he does and that is what the people accept. I know, he can blame President Bush.