When was the last time you saw a dog or cat strutting down the street showing off a tattoo on one of its four legs? Yeah, me neither.
Thankfully three Democrats in Hudson County, NJ want to make sure New Jerseyans are spared the sight. Assemblymen Carmelo Garcia, Jason O’Donnell and Raj Mukherji introduced a bill (A3588) that clarifies tattooing a pet as animal cruelty.
The bill exempts farm animals like cows, sheep and goats that are sometimes branded, tagged or marked for identification. So, does that mean farm animals are tougher than domesticated animals or house pets? Why is it OK to mutilate one group of animal and not another?
I humbly submit the politicians have lost touch with reality. I bet the three amigos would bail a sinking ship with a thimble because that is akin to wasting taxpayer’s time and money on an animal tattoo bill while NJ sinks into an over-taxed abyss.
Two of the three lawmakers said the bill was brought to their attention by animal rights groups. That means, the animal rights groups donated money to the assemblymen but the assemblymen didn’t want to lose the farm vote so they exempted farmers. And there you have a microcosm of the political system in America.
Politicians do not do what is best for the country. They do what is best for them to get re-elected. They pander to donors and strategize on ways to thwart their opponents versus rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done which is why
- You can be arrested for hunting or fishing without a license but get a free pass if you enter the country illegally
- You need to show a license to rent a power tool but no identification is required to vote
- A child needs parental permission to take an aspirin in school but nothing is required if they want to get an abortion
- The government is trying to limit gun ownership for law-abiding citizens but gives millions of dollars to terror organizations like Hamas
- A first grade student can be expelled for kissing a classmate which the school deems an unwanted sexual advance but school districts throughout the country offer sexual exploration or diversity classes in grade school
- You are punished for working hard and earning money with higher taxes but rewarded with food stamps and welfare for not working
We allow this to happen by voting these idiots into office. They work for everyone but the people. They change positions based on fastest route to election or re-election. The ironic thing is we have the power over them yet allow them to have the power over us.