The presidential election season is almost over and I am looking forward to writing about something other than the stupidity we have witnessed. I think it’s safe to say politics has changed forever but not because of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Most politicians are crooks so Clinton simply fits the mold. Trump is an entity unto himself and borne from the crooked politicians.
I think the revelations about the mainstream media and its obvious liberal bias is what changed politics forever. Having witnessed the liberal bias first-hand, I never believe any news article. I know lurking beneath the print is the truth because my crap meter is good and I can distill the real story. But unless you are willing to do your own research, the news media is the wrong place to find accurate and objective information.
The real joy for me is now most Americans, excluding Liberals in denial, realize the media cannot be trusted. Rush Limbaugh refers to people who believe the slop the media produces as news as low information voters. I could not agree more.
Thanks to the media, these low information voters no doubt believe
- It is worse to call someone “a nasty woman” than half the population a “basket of deplorables.”
- Hacking e-mail is more heinous than the content of the e-mails exposing corruption, racism, collaboration between the media and Liberals, and the planned cover-up of a rather famous e-mail server
- Talking dirty is worse than defending a rapist with no remorse or concern about the female victim
- Stealing a nomination from a colleague is not as interesting as impugning half the country for electing an outsider
- Rigging an election does not deserve coverage but trying to prevent voter fraud is considered a racist attempt to quell voter participation
- Purposely disrupting an opponent’s rally by paying people to incite violence is not as newsworthy as covering the confrontation at the rally
- A foundation with minimal complaints is bigger news than a foundation created to serve a pay-to-play Ponzi scheme
- Managing a criminal empire that dwarfs the mafia is ignored when a man decides to release his taxes after an audit
- Threatening violence on another man is OK if you are Vice President Joe Biden
- Rioting and looting are fine if you are African-American in an anti-police rant but rioting and looting if the election is stolen from Trump is evil
- Julian Assange is a darling journalist when he releases hacked e-mails from President George W. Bush but a vile villain when he does the same for John Podesta
- When is derelict in duty, James Comey is a non-partisan brave FBI director. When he does his job and follows the leads to the natural end, he is a partisan puppet. But he becomes a hero again when he returns to form
- Saving children means banning guns so they do not accidentally shoot themselves but allowing abortion in the third term is not murder
- Having the Pope actively interfere with our election is good but unsubstantiated speculation of possible Russian interference is bad.
You know, it is all fun and games until the wrong person gets elected. What I can’t figure out is why the media would not want Trump as president. What is more fun to cover; a litany of congressional special sessions in search of illegality or a man with no filter? You would think the media would want Trump just for the ratings boost!